Botanical Name: Mentha spicata
Parts used to make essential oil: Leaves
Distinctive Features: Spearmint belongs to the family of peppermint. The name spearmint derives from the fact that the leaves of this shrub are somewhat spear-shaped. Just like peppermint, this plant also has cooling properties. Spearmint leaves are used to prepare herbal tea which has a lot f health benefits. Spearmint is native to Europe and Asia but due to its immense popularity, it is being cultivated across the globe.
Smell: Minty, sweet but strong.
- Has antioxidant properties.
- Aids digestion.
- Has anti-bacterial properties.
- Helps in healthy hair growth.
- Fights acne.
- Helps to reduce stress.
Baby and fresh leaves are picked in the twilight. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking the nascent leaves.
- The leaves are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Leaves are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs.
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from nascent leaves and water mixture starts to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
How to Use:
- Put few drops of essential oil on a cotton lob and simply inhale it.
- Take a small quantity of the essential oil and mix it carrier oil. Then apply directly on the skin.
- You can also diffuse it in a diffuser.
Why Buy Spearmint Essential Oil Online from Sugmy?
You can buy Spearmint essential oil online from sugmy, As we manufacture natural Spearmint Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.