Botanical Name: Crocus sativus
Distinctive Features: Saffron or ‘Kesar’ as it is popularly known in India, not only has medicinal and flavoring value but also symbolic value. Kesar is the most expensive spice which is used in Indian households. Saffron is actually the filaments of the flowers of Iris family. The plant is a rare species in itself, let alone the filament! Besides being used in highly exotic dishes in India, our very own Tricolour Flag has the colour saffron at the top. The colour signifies sacrifice. Kesar also has a lot of health related benefits.
Smell: Sweet but strong.
- Act as an aphrodisiac.
- Has powerful antioxidant properties.
- Very beneficial for healthy and supple skin.
- Hydrates the skin.
- Controls acne and breakouts.
- Treats cold and cough.
- Has capacity to keep the body warm in winters.
- Filaments from the flowers are picked on a bright, sunny day. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking the nascent leaves.
- The filaments are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Filaments are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from filaments and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The essential oil extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form.
How to Use:
- Put few drops of essential oil on a cotton lob and simply inhale it.
- Take a small quantity of the essential oil and mix it carrier oil. Then apply directly on the skin.
- You can also diffuse it in a diffuser.
Why Buy Saffron Essential Oil Online From Sugmy?
You can buy saffron essential oil online from Sugmy, As we manufacture natural Saffron Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.