Botanical Name: Salvia rosmarinus
Parts used to make Essential Oil: Grass Shafts
Distinctive Features: Rosemary has its etymology in the Greek term meaning ‘dew of the sea’. The grassy shrub bears beautiful purple coloured flowers with an enchanting fragrance. Rosemary shrub is the native to the rocky coast of the meditaranean sea. Rosemary shrub finds its mention in numerous plays of Shakespeare. The flower of Rosemary plant is associated with purity and elegance. The Greek students used to adorn rosemary wreaths on their heads to boost memory power. Most importantly, the famous cologne which Napoleon Bonaparte used was made of rosemary!
- Grass shafts are picked and then left under the sun to dry. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking the nascent leaves.
- The shafts are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Shafts are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from the mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
Smell: Peculiar, fruity and citrus like.
- Stimulates the functioning of the brain.
- Improves retentive power.
- Improves blood circulation in the scalp.
- Beneficial for healthy hair growth.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Reduces stress.
Why buy Rosemary Essential Oil Online from Sugmy?
You can buy rosemary essential oil online from sugmy because, we manufacture natural Rosemary Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.