Botanical Name: Rosa damascena
Place of Origin: The species of rose being talked about was actually genetically engineered for the sole purpose of extraction of attars and perfumes. This species of rose, popularly known as the damask rose, is a cross between ‘Rosa gallica’ and Rosa moschata’. The damask roses are meant to be more hardy and drought resistant, especially to suit the climate of Indian subcontinent. Damask roses are very good antibacterial agents and the attar extracted from these flowers have a very beneficial effect on the skin.
How does it smell: A pleasant, warm, flowery aroma
Method of extraction: In order to retain the vitality of the special ingredients used to extract the attar, the traditional method of “Deg and Bhapka” is used. In this method:
- Flower petals from the flowers are picked in the twilight. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking flowers.
- The petals are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Petals are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from the petals and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The attar extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form.
Base Material or Oil: Chamomile, Geranium, Vanilla, Patchouli oils.
- Acts as an aphrodisiac.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Has antibacterial properties
- Relief from insomnia.
- Helps in an uplifting mood.
- Very beneficial for controlling oil secretion from the skin
- Helps to calm down the agitated nervous system.
How to Apply:
- Take a small quantity of the attar and apply it on the inner side of the wrists. Then rub both the wrists against each other.
- Apply on the inner side of each earlobe, then gently rub it.
- These are the exterior pressure points of our body which allow the fragrance of attar to linger for a long time.
Precautions to be kept in mind:
- It is recommended to take a patch test before applying directly to the skin.
- Do not use it in excessive quantity.
- Do not use it on the area that is exposed to sunlight.
Why buy Rose Attar online from Sugmy?
You can buy rose attar online from Sugmy. As we manufacture natural Rose Attar by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka‘ method for extracting attar which helps to retain the purity of the attar. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best attars in India.