Botanical Name: Mentha piperita
Parts Used to make essential oil: LEAVES mostly.
Distinctive Feature: Peppermint is the most common species of the family of mentha shrubs. Peppermint is distinguished from mint by its higher percentage of menthol. Peppermint tea is the most popular way of consuming the shrub but recent studies have highlighted that consuming the leaves directly shows higher health benefits. It is also consumed in salads as dressing or in smoothies. Water having a few fresh leaves of peppermint is an excellent detoxifying agent. Peppermint oil has a myriad of other health benefits.
- Baby and fresh leaves are picked in the twilight. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking the nascent leaves.
- The leaves are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Leaves are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from nascent leaves and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
Smell: Cool, refreshing but strong.
- Soothes skin rashes and breakouts.
- Aids the digestive process.
- Fights bad odor.
- Has anti-bacterial properties.
- Provides relief from menstrual cramps.
- Relieves muscle pain.
- Provides relief from nausea.
Precautions to be kept in mind:
- Do not apply directly to the skin.
- Do not use it in excessive quantity.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
- Preganant ladies or breastfeeding mothers avoid using it.
Why Buy Peppermint Essential Oil Online From Sugmy?
You can buy peppermint essential oil online from Sugmy, As we manufacture natural Peppermint Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.