Distinctive Feature: Patchouli derives its name from Tamil pacculi. Indigenous to the Indian subcontinent especially the southern parts, this herb is mainly used as a flavoring agent in culinary cuisines. Regardless of this fact, patchouli oil has many therapeutic benefits as well. It is believed that hippies use patchouli oil to make them smell like marijuana all the time!
Smell: Woody, aromatic and spicy.
- A very good hydrating agent for the skin.
- Controls oil secretion on the scalp.
- Fights dandruff.
- Reduces acne and breakouts.
- Helps in controlling appetite.
- Baby and fresh leaves are picked in the twilight. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking the nascent leaves.
- The leaves are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Leaves are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from nascent leaves and water mixture starts to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
Precautions to be kept in mind:
- Do not apply directly to the skin.
- Do not use it in excessive quantity.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
- Pregnant ladies or breastfeeding mothers avoid using it.
Why buy Patchouli Essential Oil Online from Sugmy?
You can buy patchouli essential oil online from Sugmy, As we manufacture natural Patchouli Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.