Botanical Name: Cymbopogon martinii
Parts Used to Make Essential Oil: Grassy Shaft
Distinctive Features: Palmarosa belongs to the family of lemongrass. Plamarosa gets its name from the fact that despite being a grass it smells like a rose. This herb is indigenous to India and neighboring countries but is cultivated worldwide due to the various health benefits it provides. The herbal grass finds multiple usage in the Indian household since centuries. The grass can be easily grown in the kitchen garden
- Grass shafts are picked and then left under the sun to dry. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking the nascent leaves.
- The shafts are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Shafts are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs.
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from the mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
Smell: Sweet rose like and calming.
- Has soothing properties.
- Very good for the skin.
- Fights acne and controls sebum secretion.
- Helps in healing wounds and cuts.
- Helps in digestion.
Precautions to be kept in mind:
- Do not apply directly to the skin.
- Do not use it in excessive quantity.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
- Preganant ladies or breastfeeding mothers avoid using it.
Why Buy Palmarosa Essential Oil Online from Sugmy?
You can buy palamrosa essential oil online from Sugmy, As we manufacture natural Palmarosa Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.