Botanical Name: Commiphora myrrha
Parts Used to Make Essential Oil: Resin from the bark of the tree.
Distinctive Feature: Known by many common names like African myrrh, Somali myrrh, Herabol myrrh, the dried up resin of this tree is a gift from Nature itself. Myrrh finds its mention in the Holy Bible as an anointing liquid and an incense. Myrrh is native to Africa and parts of Arabian Peninsula. But due to its healing properties it is being grown in various parts of the world, including India.
- The oldest tree is located to curate the best possible resin. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking the nascent leaves.
- The resin is then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Resin is soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from the mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
Smell: woody, warm and medicine like.
- Has antibacterial properties.
- Good for healthy skin
- Fights gum problems.
- Reduces bad oral cavity odour.
- Has antioxidant properties.
- Beneficial in breathing problems.
Precautions to be kept in mind:
- Do not apply directly to the skin.
- Do not use it in excessive quantity.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
- Preganant ladies or breastfeeding mothers avoid using it.
Why Buy Myrrh Essential Oil Online From Sugmy?
You can buy myrrh essential oil online from Sugmy, As we manufacture natural Myrrh Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.