Botanical Name: Moschus Moschiferus
Place of Origin: The musk fragrance derives its name from its origin. According to classical renditions, the special fragrance was only found in the glands of a particular species of male deer. And the species was found in the northern temperate regions of the Himalayas. Being very rare in nature and the requirement of investing in high end techniques for extracting the scent, people started looking for alternatives. Being successful, people found that a similar scent is emitted by resins of some species of trees, including amber. From then on, a complex and handcrafted ensemble of different species producing the similar characteristic scent are used to extract what we know as Musk Attar.
Smell: Slightly woody, rich, sweet and earthy
Base Material or Oil: Vetiver oil
- Relief from headache and muscle tension.
- Helps keep your body warm in winters.
- Relief from insomnia.
- Helps in uplifting mood.
- Helps to calm down the agitated nervous system.
Preparation Method: In order to retain the vitality of the special ingredients used to extract the attar, the traditional method of “Deg and Bhapka” more popularly known as “Steam Distillation” is used. In this method:
- Resin from the bark of the trees is picked in the twilight. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking flowers.
- The resin is then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Resin is soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from the resin and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The attar extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form.
- It is recommended to take a patch test before applying directly to the skin.
- Do not use it in excessive quantity.
- Do not use it on the area that is exposed to sunlight.
Why buy Musk Amber Attar online from Sugmy?
You can buy musk amber attar online from Sugmy, as we manufacture natural Musk Amber Attar by using 100% pure, organic, and alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka‘ method for extracting attar which helps to retain the purity of the attar. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best attars in India.