Place of origin: ‘Mukhallat attar’ derives its name from the popular usage of the Arabic term ‘mukhallat’ meaning mixing of essential oils and fragrances. As the same itself suggests, this attar is a classic blend of immaculate fragrance emitting raw materials to provide that rich and luxurious experience.
Attars have taken the fragrance industry by storm because of their Alcohol-free nature and longevity. Attars are gaining significance and entering the mainstream perfumery business. Because of the fact that attars are the products of old ancient Arab Culture, the key factors like source ingredient, methods of preparation for most of the attars do not exist in a documented form.
The renditions from oral culture have propagated the use of attars and made it popular in the present day. Although original information is not there, the basic information of the blending and mixing technique is deployed to extract attar from the best variety of raw materials to maximise the gift of nature to mankind.
How does it smell: Flowery, rich aroma.
Method of extraction: In order to retain the vitality of the special ingredients used to extract the attar, the traditional method of “Deg and Bhapka” is used. In this method:
- All the raw materials are picked in the twilight. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking flowers.
- The raw materials are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Raw materials are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from the mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The attar extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form.
Base Material or Oil: Sandlewood essential oil
- Acts as an aphrodisiac.
- Relief from insomnia.
- Helps in an uplifting mood.
- Helps to calm down the agitated nervous system.
How to Apply:
- Take a small quantity of the attar and apply it on the inner side of the wrists. Then rub both the wrists against each other.
- Apply on the inner side of each earlobe, then gently rub it.
- These are the exterior pressure points of our body which allow the fragrance of attar to linger for a long time.
Why buy Mukhallat Attar online from Sugmy?
You can buy mukhallat attar online from Sugmy, As we manufacture natural Mukhallat Leather Attar by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka‘ method for extracting attar which helps to retain the purity of the attar. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best attars in India.