Common Name- The Scent of Rain
Place of Origin: The term “Mitti” is actually the Hindi/Urdu for clay or mud. It is a derivative of popular culture. Attars have taken the fragrance industry by storm because of their alcohol-free nature and longevity. Attars are gaining significance and entering the mainstream perfumery business. Because of the fact that attars are the products of old ancient Arab Culture, the key factors like source ingredient, methods of preparation for most of the attars do not exist in a documented form. The renditions from oral culture have propagated the use of attars and made it popular in the present day. Although original information is not there, the basic information of the blending and mixing technique is deployed to extract attar from clay or mud. Another term for mitti attar is petrichor attar.
Nobody is unaware of the fresh smell which the earth emits after the first rain of monsoon. Mitti attar captures the exact essence of the first rains. It will make you feel as if you are experiencing the goodness of nature sitting in the comfort of your home. Besides this, mitti attar also has additional benefits which are a plus point for your overall well being.
How does it smell like: Lush essence of the first rain
The clay is collected from the upper layer of the earth and made into a kiln. This is the most essential component of the extraction method because if this step goes wrong, the entire process will be jeopardized. To keep the wholeness of fuller earth intact, the traditional “Deg and Bhapka” more popularly known as “Steam Distillation” method is deployed. In this method:
- The kiln is then collected and taken into the distillery.
- The kiln is being soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from the kiln and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The attar extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form.
Base Material or Oil: Vetiver, Sandalwood, Jasmine or Rose
- Acts as an aphrodisiac.
- Soothes the tensed muscles.
- Relaxes the agitated nervous system.
- Acts as a sedative.
How to Apply:
- Take a small quantity of the attar and apply it on the inner side of the wrists. Then rub both the wrists against each other.
- Apply on the inner side of each earlobe, then gently rub it.
- These are the exterior pressure points of our body which allow the fragrance of attar to linger for a long time.
Why buy Mitti Attar online from Sugmy?
You can buy mitti attar from sugmy, as we manufacture natural Mitti Attar by using 100% pure, organic, and alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka‘ method for extracting attar which helps to retain the purity of the attar. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best attars in India.