Botanical Name: Tagetes
Place of Origin: The original species of marigold originated in Mexico, but due to its sturdy nature, it has appropriated around the world. Marigold is often mistaken for a flower, but in reality they are the inflorescences of the plant. They derive their name from the sort of golden appearance which they have. Marigold is commonly known as ‘genda phool’ in the Indian subcontinent and is widely used in religious rituals. Marigolds not only are known for their beauty but also have a symbolic weightage as being ‘diversified’.
Attars have taken the fragrance industry by storm because of their Alcohol-free nature and longevity. Attars are gaining significance and entering the mainstream perfumery business. Because of the fact that attars are the products of old ancient Arab Culture, the key factors like source ingredient, methods of preparation for most of the attars do not exist in a documented form.
The renditions from oral culture have propagated the use of attars and made it popular in the present day. Although original information is not there, the basic information of the blending and mixing technique is deployed to extract attar from the best variety of marigolds to maximise the gift of nature to mankind.
How does it smell: A characteristic pungent smell
Method of extraction: In order to retain the vitality of the special ingredients used to extract the attar, the traditional method of “Deg and Bhapka” is used. In this method:
- Dewy flowers are picked in the twilight. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking flowers.
- The flowers are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Petals are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from the petal and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The attar extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form.
Base Material or Oil: Sandalwood or paraffin.
- Relief from headache, and muscle tension.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Relief from insomnia.
- Helps in an uplifting mood.
- Helps to calm down the agitated nervous system.
Precautions to be kept in mind:
- It is recommended to take a patch test before applying directly to the skin.
- Do not use it in excessive quantity.
- Do not use it on the area that is exposed to sunlight.
Why buy Marigold Attar online from Sugmy?
You can buy marigold attar online from Sugmy, As we manufacture natural Marigold Attar by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka‘ method for extracting attar which helps to retain the purity of the attar. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best attars in India.