Place of origin: The attar originated in the Indian subcontinent itself.The term ‘majmua’ is a derivative of the Arab word literally meaning gathering. Attars have taken the fragrance industry by storm because of their Alcohol-free nature and longevity. Attars are gaining significance and entering the mainstream perfumery business. Because of the fact that attars are the products of old ancient Arab Culture, the key factors like source ingredient, methods of preparation for most of the attars do not exist in a documented form.
The renditions from oral culture have propagated the use of attars and made it popular in the present day. Although original information is not there, the basic information of the blending and mixing technique is deployed to extract attar from a myriad of beneficial herbs like vetiver essential oil, henna extract, jasmine oil extract, zdravetz essential oil, kewda oil etc. A blend which is handcrafted by the ancient arab natives to not only provide a soothing and calming effect to the body and mind, but also act as a therapeutic aid.
How does it smell like: Woody, floral and musky.
Preparation Method: In order to retain the vitality of the special ingredients used to extract the attar, the traditional method of “Deg and Bhapka” is used. In this method:
- The necessary ingredients like flower petals, roots or grassy shats are picked in the early twilight.
- This gesture helps to retain the freshness of the ingredients used.
- The ingredients are then taken into the distillery.
- The raw materials are then soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from the concoction start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The attar extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form.
Base Material or Oil: Vetiver, Sandalwood, Jasmine etc.
- Acts as an aphrodisiac
- Soothes the tensed muscles
- Relaxes the agitated nervous system
- Acts as a sedative.
How to Apply:
- Take a small quantity of the attar and apply it on the inner side of the wrists. Then rub both the wrists against each other.
- Apply on the inner side of each earlobe, then gently rub it.
- These are the exterior pressure points of our body which allow the fragrance of attar to linger for a long time.
Why buy Majmua Attar online from Sugmy?
You can buy majmua attar from Sugmy, As we manufacture natural Majmua Attar by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka‘ method for extracting attar which helps to retain the purity of the attar. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best attars in India