Botanical Name: Cymbopogon
Parts Used to make Essential Oil: Grassy Leaves/Shaft.
Distinctive features: Popularly known as Cochin Grass or Malabar Grass in India, lemongrass has established itself as one of the most widely used herbal plants. The dried grass is used in a variety of ways in cooking, preparing soothing tea, or just for the scent. Lemongrass can be easily grown in one’s household.
- Grass shafts are picked and then left under the sun to dry. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking the nascent leaves.
- The shafts are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Shafts are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from the mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
Smell: Light citrus-like.
- Has anti-bacterial properties
- Relieves muscle and joint pain
- Helps to reduce fever
- Helps in improving blood sugar level
- Promotes blood flow in the body
- Has antioxidant properties.
Why Buy Lemongrass Essential Oil Online from Sugmy?
You can buy Lemongrass essential oil online from Sugmy, As we manufacture natural Lemongrass Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.