Botanical Name: Pandanus odorifer
Parts used to make essential oil: Male flower petals
Distinctive Feature: Kewra plant is native to the fertile Australian basin but thrives in the Northern range of India as well. It has a fragrance which is strikingly similar to that of rose but has a more fruity note to it. Kewra water has been used to prepare biryani since ancient times. Despite being deployed for its obvious use, kera oil has certain health benefits as well.
- Dewy flower petals are collected in the twilight. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are employed for the same.
- The petals are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Petals are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form. As the still is heated, the water molecules from petals and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The essential oil extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form.
Smell: Rose like, but fruitier
- Used as a coolant.
- Provides soothing effect to stomach
- Calms down irritated bowls
- Used as a flavouring agent.
Precautions to be kept in mind:
- Do not apply directly to the skin.
- Do not use it in excessive quantity.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
- Preganant ladies or breastfeeding mothers avoid using it.
Why Buy Kewda Essential Oil Online from Sugmy?
You can buy kewda essential oil from Sugmy, As we manufacture natural Kewda Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.