Botanical Name: Juniperus communis
Parts used to make essential oil: Berries
Distinctive Feature: Juniper berries have been used to prepare Jin, an alcoholic beverage since ancient times. The coniferous tree derives its name from the same. However, Juniper berries find multiple usage in food and flavouring industries. Besides the obvious reason, juniper berries are also being used for various health benefits and good, healthy skin.
- Berries are collected in the twilight. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are employed for the same.
- The berries are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Berries are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from berries and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The essential oil extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form
Smell: Herbaceous, peppery and strong.
- Inhaled directly to cure congestion
- Fights lung infections.
- Very beneficial to treat UTI
- Healthy kidney functionality.
- Very good for healthy skin.
- Has antifungal properties as well.
Why Buy Juniper Berry Essential Oil Online from Sugmy?
You can buy juniper berry essential oil from Sugmy, As we manufacture natural Juniper Berry Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.