Botanical Name: Cedrus deodara
Parts used to make essential oil: Bark of the tree
Distinctive Feature: As the name suggests, this species of tree is a native to India and neighbouring counties, especially Khyber Pass. The Sanskrit name “Devdar” is suggestive of its relevance as an anointing material from the ancient times. “Dev” literally means ‘God”. It is an evergreen tree which grows best in the winter season. Despite being used for the obvious reasons, himalayan cedarwood has a lot of good effects on the human body.
- Bark from the older trees are collected. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are employed for the same.
- The bark is then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Bark is soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from bark and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The essential oil extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form.
Semll: Woody, warm and earthly.
- Acts as a sedative.
- Calms down agitated nervous system
- Helps in rejuvenating the body
- Controls oil secretion from sebum
- Beneficial for healthy skin
- Beneficial during winters
How to Use:
- Put few drops of essential oil on a cotton lob and simply inahale it.
- Take a small quantity of the essential oil and mix it carrier oil. Then apply directly on the skin.
- You can also diffuse it in a diffuser.
Why Buy Himalayan Cedarwood Essential Oil Online From Sugmy?
You can buy himalayan cedarwood essential oil online from sugmy, As we manufacture natural Himalayan Cedarwood Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.