Botanical Name: Zingiber officinale
Parts used to make essential oil: Root/Rhizome
Distinctive Feature: Ginger is a part of every Indian household and is native to Indian subcontinent as well. Ginger or “adrak” has a myriad of health benefits. Special “adrak wali chai” in chilly winters is every Indian’s best friend. Besides being used as a flavouring agent, ginger has other medicinal benefits as well. One of the most common one is treating cough and cold.
- Ginger roots/rhizomes are collected. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are employed for the same.
- The roots are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Roots are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from roots and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The essential oil extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form.
Smell: Sharp, pungent and almost citrus-like
- Treats cough and cold
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Relieves from nausea
- Provides relief from joint pain
- Beneficial for hair growth
Precautions to be kept in mind:
- Do not apply directly to the skin.
- Do not use it in excessive quantity.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
- Preganant ladies or breastfeeding mothers avoid using it.
Why Buy Ginger Essential Online From Sugmy?
You can buy ginger essential oil from sugmy, As we manufacture natural Ginger Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.