Botanical Name: Pelargonium
Parts used to make essential oil: flower petals
Distinctive Feature: Geranium flowers are a family of more than 400 species. Mostly grown in India as an ornamental plant, the flowers possess a very sweet smell. These plants look delicate but are actually quite well adapted to resist drought, hence a good option for semi-arid regions of India. Because of their sweet fragrance, they are a popular choice among horticulturists in the world.
- Dewy petals are picked in the twilight. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking the nascent leaves.
- The petals are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Petals are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from nascent leaves and water mixture starts to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The essential oil extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form.
Smell: Sweet and floral.
- Mood enhancer.
- Antiseptic properties
- Relieves muscle and joint pain
- Beneficial for healthy skin and hair.
Why buy Geranium Essential Oil online from Sugmy?
You can buy Geranium essential oil online from sugmy, As we manufacture natural Geranium Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.