Botanical Name: Gardenia jasminoides
Parts Used to Make Essential Oil: Flower Petals
Distinctive Feature: Often mistaken for Jasmine, Gardenia is a family of flowering plants with more than 200 species. The flowers are snow-white in color and look very beautiful. Widely popular for their extraordinary scent, gardenias are used to prepare fragrances for a long time. These plants are native to China but can be grown in Indian households with a little extra care!
Smell: Creamy and persistent.
- Beneficial for healthy hair growth.
- Used as an antioxidant.
- Used to provide relief from muscle pain and backache.
- Speeds up the blood clotting process.
- Uplifts mood.
- Also used as a yellow food colorant.
- Dewy petals are picked in the twilight. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking the nascent leaves.
- The petals are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Petals are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from nascent petals and water mixture starts to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
How to Use:
- Put few drops of essential oil on a cotton lob and simply inhale it.
- Take a small quantity of the essential oil and mix it carrier oil. Then apply directly on the skin.
- You can also diffuse it in a diffuser.
Why Buy Gardenia Essential Oil online from Sugmy?
You can buy Gardenia essential oil online from sugmy, As we manufacture natural Gardenia Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.