Popular Name: Hongu-kakla-manbi
Parts used to make essential oil: Roots
Place of Origin: This species of flowering plant is native to the subtropical humid climates of Central America and Asia. Especially found in Manipur, the plants are used as tranquilizer for the sensual aroma it releases. Apart from being used for obvious reasons, the Sugandh Mantri essential oil extracted from the roots of these plants, is also used as an antiseptic. Also known by the name of “Gandhi Roots” essential oil, it has become immensely popular across the globe.
Smell: fresh, woody and herbaceous.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Has antiseptic properties.
- Has antioxidant properties.
- Used as a tranquilizer.
- Calms down the agitated nervous system.
- Gandhi roots are collected and then dried under the sun. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are employed for the same.
- The roots are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Roots are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from roots and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The essential oil extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form.
How to Use:
- Put few drops of essential oil on a cotton lob and simply inahale it.
- Take a small quantity of the essential oil and mix it carrier oil.
- Then apply directly on the skin.You can also diffuse it in a diffuser.
Why Buy Gandhi Roots Essential Oil Online from Sugmy?
You can buy gandhi roots essential oil online from Sugmy, As we manufacture natural Gandhi roots Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting essential oil which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.