Botanical Name: Boswellia sacra
Parts Used to make Essential Oil: Dried up resin from the bark of the tree.
Distinctive Feature: Frankincense is actually the dried up resin of the Boswellia Tree. The tree can be found in the arid regions of India and Europe especially in mountains. The resin has herbal soothing properties. It can be consumed in tea as well as can be applied directly to the skin. Its special properties make it a likable herbal element in the market
Preparation Method: Deg and Bhapka Method
- Oldest trees are located then dried up resin is picked. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking the nascent leaves.
- The resin is then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Resin is soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs.
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from nascent leaves and water mixture starts to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The essential oil extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form.
Smell: Woody, spicy smell.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties, hence beneficial for rheumatoid arthritis.
- Improves the functioning of the lungs.
- Improves digestion.
- Fights bad odor.
- Beneficial for good hair growth.
How to Use:
- Put few drops of essential oil on a cotton lob and simply inahale it.
- Take a small quantity of the essential oil and mix it carrier oil. Then apply directly on the skin.
- You can also diffuse it in a diffuser.
Why buy Frankincense Essential Oil online from Sugmy?
You can buy frankincense essential oil online from sugmy, As we manufacture natural Frankincense Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.