Botanical Name: Crocus sativus
Place of origin: Fitrat Attar is an especially handcrafted ensemble of the particular species of flowering plant producing the characteristic scent of rich, flowery scent of saffron used to extract the attar. Fitrat attar derives its name from the Urdu term meaning the ‘inherent nature of a thing or a person’,signifying that this especially handcrafted attar contains all the characteristics of saffron in it.
Attar have taken the fragrance industry by storm because of their Alcohol-free nature and longevity. Attar are gaining significance and entering the mainstream perfumery business. Because of the fact that attar are the products of old ancient Arab Culture, the key factors like source ingredient, methods of preparation for most of the attar do not exist in a documented form.
The renditions from oral culture have propagated the use of attar and made it popular in the present day. Although original information is not there, the basic information of the blending and mixing technique is deployed to extract attar from a combination of different species of flowers to maximise the gift of nature to mankind.
How does it smell: A complex combination of spicy and sweet.
Method of extraction: In order to retain the vitality of the special ingredients used to extract the attar, the traditional method of “Deg and Bhapka” is used. In this method:
- Stigmas from the flowers are picked in the twilight. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking flowers.
- The stigmas are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Stigmas are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from the stigmas and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The attar extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form.
Base Material or Oil: Sandalwood or paraffin.
- Acts as an aphrodisiac.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Relief from insomnia.
- Helps in an uplifting mood.
- Helps to calm down the agitated nervous system.
Precautions to be kept in mind:
- It is recommended to take a patch test before applying directly to the skin.
- Do not use it in excessive quantity.
- Do not use it on the area that is exposed to sunlight.
Why buy Fitrat Attar online from Sugmy
You can buy fitrat attar online from Sugmy, As we manufacture natural Fitrat Attar by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka‘ method for extracting attar which helps to retain the purity of the attar. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best attars in India.