Distinctive Feature: Did you know that there are two types of fennel seeds; one type is sweet and the other is bitter in taste. The most common one is the sweet variety which is popularly known as “saunf” in India. A very helpful supplement when it comes to digestion, fennel seeds are used in a variety of other ways as well. A very popular flavoring agent as well, fennel seeds have been used as a spice for a very long time. Though this flowering plant is native to the shores of the Mediterranean, they are being cultivated around the world for their importance.
Smell: Ansin-like, sweet.
- Aids the process of digestion.
- Reduces bloating of the stomach.
- Fights bad mouth odor.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Soothes skin rashes.
- Controls the secretion of oil from the skin.
- Reduces acne and breakouts.
- Seeds are collected from the old trees. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are employed for the same.
- The seeds are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Seeds are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs.
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from seed and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The essential oil extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form.
Precautions to be kept in mind:
- Do not apply directly to the skin.
- Do not use it in excessive quantity.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
- Pregnant ladies or breastfeeding mothers avoid using it.
Why Buy Fennel Seed Essential Oil Online from Sugmy?
You can buy Fennel Seed essential oil online from Sugmy, As we manufacture natural Fennel Seed Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.