Botanical Name: Eucalyptus globulus
Parts used to make essential oil: Leaves and/or resin.
Distinctive Feature: Known from centuries to treat patients of malaria, eucalyptus is a blessing from nature to human kind. Eucalyptus is a sturdy plant which is native to Australia. But due to its immense health benefits, eucalyptus is being cultivated all around the world. These trees produce a characteristic aroma which has a calming effect on the mind. Eucalyptus oil can be used to treat a lot of diseases. It is used as a medicine all around the world.
- Whitish paste like resin is collected from the old trees. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are employed for the same.
- The resin is then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Resin is soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from resin and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The essential oil extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form.
Smell: camphoraceous, woody and aromatic.
- Provides relief from congestion
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Provides relief from cough and cold
- Used as an insect repellant.
- Soothes skin rashes.
- Beneficial for healthy skin.
Precautions to be kept in mind:
- Do not apply directly to the skin.
- Do not use it in excessive quantity.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
- Preganant ladies or breastfeeding mothers avoid using it.
Why Buy Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil Online From Sugmy?
You can buy eucalyptus globulus essential oil online from Sugmy. As we manufacture natural Eucalyptus Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.