Botanical Name: Artemisia pallens
Parts used to make essential oil: Leaves
Distinctive Feature: This plant is of an indeginius variety. The name of the plant is derived from the Sanskrit word called “Davanam”. It grows in abundance in the hilly areas of Indian subcontinent like Shimla, Nainital and Kashmir Valley as well. It grows best in temperate climates. Because of the myriad of uses, Davana is being cultivated in southern parts of India in abundance. Davana is mainly used for its fragrance, and as a flavouring agent.
- Nascent leaves are picked. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are employed for the same.
- The leaves are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Leaves are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from leaves and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The essential oil extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form.
Smell: Fruity, herbaceous almost divine.
- Acts as a sedative.
- Uplifts mood.
- Soothes irritated nervous system.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Beneficial in cough and cold.
- Provides relief from congestion.
Why Buy Davana Essential Oil Online From Sugmy?
Sugmy Fragrances manufacture natural Davana Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.