Botanical Name: Cyperus rotundus
Parts Used in Making Essential Oil: Rhizomes
Distinctive Feature: Cyperus is a native herbaceous plant in America. In India, many species of Cypreus have been newly recorded which signifies that the Indian climate is suitable for their growth. The plants grow well in marshy areas as well as damp areas like the periphery of the tanks, drainage pipes, marshy walls, etc. Scientists are working to invent methods to deploy the various uses of Cyperus.
Preparation Method: Deg and Bhapka
- Rhizomes are located are picked. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking the nascent leaves.
- The rhizomes are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Rhizomes are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from nascent leaves and water mixture starts to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The essential oil extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form.
Smell: woody, rich and earthly aroma.
- Helps in effective digestion.
- Helps to reduce body fat levels
- Fights Urinary Tract Infections. …
- Soothes menstrual ailments.
- Blood Pressure regulator
- Boosts memory power.
- Antiseptic in nature.
- Herbal soother
Why buy Cyperus Essential oil online from Sugmy?
You can buy cyperus essential oil online from sugmy, As we manufacture natural Cyperus Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.