Botanical Name: Salvia sclarea
Parts used to make essential oil: Flowers and/or Leaves
Distinctive Feature: This flowering plant is native to the Mediterranean basin and some parts of Central Asia. Clary Sage finds its mention in the holy Bible as an anointing liquid and a sweet smelling liquid. Known for its characteristic sweet fragrance and a lot of therapeutic aids, clary sage has become immensely popular across the globe.
- Dewy petals are picked in the twilight. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking the nascent leaves.
- The petals are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Petals are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from nascent petals and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
Smell: Sweet, almost fruity and pleasant.
- Has sedative effects.
- Helps to rejuvenate the mind and body
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Very beneficial for healthy hair.
- Improves blood circulation in the body
How to Use:
- Put few drops of essential oil on a cotton lob and simply inahale it.
- Take a small quantity of the essential oil and mix it carrier oil. Then apply directly on the skin.
- You can also diffuse it in a diffuser.
Why Buy Clary Sage Essential Oil Online from Sugmy?
You can buy clary sage essential oil online from sugmy, As we manufacture natural Clary Sage Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.