Botanical Name: Cinnamomum verum
Parts Used to Make Essential Oil: Inner side of the Bark
Distinctive Feature: Who in India isn’t aware of the spice “Dalchini”? The strong and persistent flavour of the spice is used in so many Indian Cuisines. Cinnamon along with honey is the most popular home remedy for cough and cold. Dalchini powder can jazz up any regular tea, giving it a strong and likely flavour. Cinnamon is obtained from the inner side of the bark. Being quite rare in nature, cinnamon trees have a high market value all over the world. The oil extraction is equally difficult because of the lower yield. But due to the high medicinal value, this tree is popular worldwide.
- Over fifty years old trees are located because only old tree’s bark produces the high quality cinnamon required to extract essential oil.
- This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are employed.
- The bark is then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Bark is soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from nascent leaves and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
Smell: Woody and spicy
- Provides relief from cough and cold.
- Has antioxidant properties
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Helps to regulate blood sugar level
Precautions to be kept in mind:
- Do not apply directly to the skin.
- Do not use it in excessive quantity.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
- Preganant ladies or breastfeeding mothers avoid using it.
Why Buy Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil Online From Sugmy?
You can buy cinnamom bark essential oil online from Sugmy as it manufacture natural Cinnamon (Bark) Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.