Botanical Name: Magnolia champaca
Parts Used to make essential oil: Flower Petals
Distinctive Feature: As the name suggests, this evergreen tree is a native of Mongolia, China and neighbouring countries. This tree has a lot of utility, its timber is considered to be of superior quality for construction purposes, while the flower is known for the sweet fragrance. The big, flat green leaves of this plant is used to naturally purify the air. For such utility reasons, this plant is being cultivated all around the world.
- Dewy petals are picked in the twilight. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking the nascent leaves.
- The petals are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Petals are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from nascent petals and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
Smell: Fruity, strong and sweet.
- Acts as a sedative
- Calms down agitated nervous system
- Improves blood circulation
- Beneficial for skin
- Natural tonic for hair
Precautions to be kept in mind:
- Do not apply directly to the skin.
- Do not use it in excessive quantity.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
- Preganant ladies or breastfeeding mothers avoid using it.
Why Buy Champaca Essential Oil Online from Sugmy?
You can buy champaca essential oil online from sugmy, As we manufacture natural Champaca Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.