Botanical Name: Apium graveolens
Parts used to make essential oil: Seeds
Distinctive Feature: Celery greens or leaves are commonly used in salads in the west. Celery is a marshy plant which is native to the Mediterranean coast. They can be easily grown in the kitchen gardens because of their rigidity to bear the temperature. In India, celery seeds are popularly known as “ajwain”. Found in almost every Indian household, ajwain seeds are an effective remedy when it comes to aiding digestion or relief from bloating. Ajwain seeds also have additional health benefits when used in the form of oil.
- Baby and fresh leaves are picked in the twilight. The seeds are then collected and dried under the sun.
- This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking the nascent leaves.
- The seeds are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from nascent leaves and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- High in nutrient content.
- AIds Digestion
- Provides effective relief from bloating.
- Helps in new red blood cell formation
- Has antioxidant properties.
- Helpful in lowering high blood pressure
Smell: Strong and spicy
Precautions to be kept in mind:
- Do not apply directly to the skin.
- Do not use it in excessive quantity.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
- Preganant ladies or breastfeeding mothers avoid using it.
Why Buy Celery Seed Essential Oil Online from Sugmy?
You can buy celery seed essential oil online from sugmy, As we manufacture natural Celery Seed Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.