Botanical Name: Daucus carota
Parts used to make essential oil: Seeds form the flowers which grow above the ground.
Distinctive Feature: We all know that carrots are actually the roots of the plant, but hardly anyone knows that carrots produce beautiful flowers which function like a normal germinating plant. The seeds obtained from these flowers is what the essential oil is made up of! Carrots are seasonal vegetables which mainly grow during winters in India. Carrots are an important natural source of Vitamin K which is very good for human vision. Apart from the usual health benefits, who isn’t fond of “gajar ka halwa” in India?
- Fresh flowers are located and then the seeds are picked. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking the nascent leaves.
- First the seeds are dried under the sun.
- Then the seeds are collected and taken into the distillery.
- Dried seeds are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from nascent leaves and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- Has anti ageing properties.
- Smoothens lines and wrinkles on the face.
- Has antioxidant properties.
- Soothes irritated skin.
- Very good in reducing hair fall
- Can be used to remove sun tan
Smell: warm, earthly and woody
How to Use:
- Put few drops of essential oil on a cotton lob and simply inahale it.
- Take a small quantity of the essential oil and mix it carrier oil. Then apply directly on the skin.
- You can also diffuse it in a diffuser.
Why Buy Carrot Seed Essential Oil Online from Sugmy?
you can buy carrot seed essential oil online from sugmy, As we manufacture natural Carrot Seed Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.