Botanical name: Elettaria cardamomum
Distinctive Feature: Cardamom or more popularly known as elaichi is used in almost every Indian Household in a myriad of ways. Be it in tea or in toothpaste, cardamom is blessing from nature itself. Since long, scientist have conducted dedicates research to effectively deploy the medicinal benefits of cardamom in the form of oil or powder. Because of it’s immense medicinal benefits, it becomes one of most scouted plants in India.
Parts Used to Prepare Essential Oil: Seeds enclosed within a husk.
Smell: Spicy to sweet.
- Antioxidant and Diuretic Properties May Lower Blood Pressure.
- Anti Carcinogenic properties
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects.
- Assists in better digestion.
- Reduces ulcers.
- Treats bad odor and gum problems.
- Anti bacterial in nature.
Preparation Method: Steam Distillation, Deg and Bhapka.
- Right kind of dried husks are picked in the twilight. This is a task which requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to pick flowers.
- The dried seeds are then collected and taken into the distillery. • Seeds are soaked in water for sometime and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping. • The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated till steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from seeds and water mixture starts to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed and then the mixture is connected to the set up.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The essential oil extracted as a result of second distillation is in the purest form.
Precautions to be kept in mind:
- Do not apply directly to the skin.
- Do not use it in excessive quantity.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
- Pregnant ladies or breastfeeding mothers avoid using it.
Why buy Cardamom Essential oil online form Sugmy?
We at Sugmy Fragrances manufacture natural Cardamom Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.