Distinctive Feature: Camphor or popularly known as “Karpur” is an integral part of the religious ceremonies in Indian households. It is interesting to note that a new species of camphor is found in the western ghats of India, Kerala and Annamalai region. Camphor is used in the popular pain relieving balms like Vicks, Amrtitanjan etc. Known for its distinctive feature of being a highly volatile substance, camphor has additional health benefits when used in the form of essential oils.
Smell: Strong and distinctive.
- Has pain relieving properties.
- Easily absorbed by skin and produces a cooling effect.
- Provides relief from skin irritation and itching.
- Stimulates blood circulation in the scalp.
- Provides relief from cold and cough.
- Over fifty years old trees are located because only old tree’s bark produces the waxy resin required to extract camphor essential oil. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking the nascent leaves.
- The waxy substance is then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Waxy substance is soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from nascent leaves and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
How to Use:
- Put few drops of essential oil on a cotton lob and simply inhale it.
- Take a small quantity of the essential oil and mix it carrier oil. Then apply directly on the skin.
- You can also diffuse it in a diffuser.
Why Buy Camphor Essential Oil Online from Sugmy?
You can buy Camphor essential oil online from sugmy because, we manufacture natural Camphor Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.