Botanical Name: Acorus calamus
Parts used to make essential oil: roots of the plant
Distinctive Feature: Calamus is a native to Indian and neighboring countries but hardly finds mention in the day to day lives of the people. Calamus is known for its sweet smell since ancient times. In the holy Bible, Calamus finds mention as an anointing oil. Despite having a lot of health benefits, Calamus oil does have some hazardous properties which must be kept in mind while using the oil.
Smell: Woody and spicy.
- Used as a sedative.
- Soothes down agitated nervous system
- Used to treat stomach ulcers.
- Fights bad odor.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Used to treat rheumatoid arthritis.
- The roots are selected and pulled with utmost efficiency. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking the nascent leaves.
- The root is then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Roots are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from the mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
How to Use:
- Put few drops of essential oil on a cotton lob and simply inhale it.
- Take a small quantity of the essential oil and mix it carrier oil. Then apply directly on the skin.
- You can also diffuse it in a diffuser.
Why Buy Calamus Root Essential Oil Online from Sugmy?
You can buy calamus root essential oil online from sugmy because, we manufacture natural Calamus Root Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.