Botanical Name: Styrax benzoin
Parts Used to Make Essential Oil: Gum resin from the bark
Place of Origin: These trees are a native of the Sumatra in Indonesia. Also known by the names like gum benjamin tree, loban, kemenyan, onycha, and Sumatra benzoin tree, the gum resin produced by the bark of this tree is known as benzoin. It is a natural healing substance which is used to cure swelling and mouth ulcers for a very long time. Benzoin is also applied directly on the cut and used as an antiseptic because of its herbal nature. The essential oil extracted from benzoin contains all the characteristic properties of the substance.
- Oldest trees are located then dried up resin is picked. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking the nascent leaves.
- The resin is then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Resin is soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs.
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from nascent leaves and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The essential oil extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form.
Smell: Woody, spicy smell.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Used to treat mouth ulcers
- Used as an antiseptic
- Used to reduce swelling and pain
- Used to reduce inflammation in the nasal and breathing tracts.
Why buy Benzoin Essential Oil online from Sugmy?
You can buy benzoin essential oil online from Sugmy, As we manufacture natural Benzoin Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting essential oil which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.