Botanical Name: Laurus nobilis
Parts used to make essential oil: Leaves
Place of Origin: Bay leaves are the leaves of the evergreen tree belonging to the species as mentioned above. The trees belong to the Mediterranean region but that hasn’t stopped this spice in becoming popular across the world. Especially in India, it is found in every household in the dried form. Popularly known as “Tej Pata”, Bay Leaves prove to be an excellent flavouring agent for Indian Cuisines. Despite having flavouring properties, the essential oil extracted from Bay leaves have additional health benefits.
- Baby and fresh leaves are picked in the twilight. The leaves are then collected and dried under the sun.
- This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking the nascent leaves.
- The leaves are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from nascent leaves and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The essential oil extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form.
- High in nutrient content.
- AIds Digestion
- Provides effective relief from bloating.
- Helps in new red blood cell formation
- Has antioxidant properties.
- Helpful in lowering high blood pressure
Smell: Strong and spicy
How to Use:
- Put few drops of essential oil on a cotton lob and simply inahale it.
- Take a small quantity of the essential oil and mix it carrier oil. Then apply directly on the skin.
- You can also diffuse it in a diffuser.
Why Buy Bay Leaf Essential Oil Online from Sugmy?
You can buy bay leaf essential oil online from Sugmy, As we manufacture natural Bay Leaf Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting essential oil which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.