Botanical Name: Ocimum basilicum
Parts Used to Prepare Essential Oil: Leaves mostly.
Distinctive Feature: Sweet basil or popularly known as Tulsi in Indian households, it holds a special place in the hearts of people. Revered as a sacred plant, Tulsi is an essential in every household. It is popularly believed that the household which bears healthy Tulsi plant is guaranteed to achieve success and healthy life in future. Apart form the obvious sacred reason, Tulsi has innumerable heath benefits. Tulsi thrives in the humid climate of India and being a herb in nature, it can be planted in the households or backyard very easily.
Aroma: anise, sweet and pungent smell.
- Beneficial for gut.
- Soothes inflammation.
- Very beneficial for skin.
- Acts as a coolant.
- Anti depressant.
- Insulin fighter.
- Supports Liver Function.
- Detoxifies the Body.
Extraction Method: Deg and Bhapka Method:
- Dewy leaves are picked in the twilight. This is a task which requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to pick the nascent leaves.
- The leaves are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Leaves are soaked in water for sometime and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated till steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from nascent leaves and water mixture starts to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed and then the mixture is connected to the set up.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The essential oil extracted as a result of second distillation is in the purest form.
Precautions to be kept in mind:
- Do not apply directly to the skin.
- Do not use it in excessive quantity.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
- Pregnant ladies or breastfeeding mothers avoid using it.
Why Buy Basil Sweet Essential Oil Online From Sugmy?
We at Sugmy Fragrances manufacture natural Sweet Basil Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting attar which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.