Botanical Name: Impatiens balsamina
Parts Used to Make Essential Oil: Flower Petals
Place of Origin: These beautiful and colourful flowering plants are native to the Indian subcontinent and some parts of Myanmar. Known by varieties of common names like garden balsam, rose balsam, touch-me-not or spotted snapweed, this species of flowering plant is used widely for its sweet fragrance which has the capacity to calm down the agitated nervous system and provide relief from strenuous works. The essential oil extracted from these flowering plants capacitate the characteristic elements of the plant.
- Dewy petals are picked in the twilight. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking the nascent leaves.
- The petals are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Petals are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from nascent petals and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The essential oil extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form
Smell: Pleasant, sweet and fresh.
- Used as a tranquilizer.
- Calms nervous system
- Has antiseptic properties
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Relieves anxiety
- May provide relief from insomnia.
Why Buy Balsam Essential Oil Online From Sugmy?
You can buy balsam essential oil online from Sugmy, As we manufacture natural Balsam Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting essential oil which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.