Botanical Name: Cedrus atlantica
Parts used to make essential oil: Bark
Place of Origin: As the name suggests, this species of tree is a native to the Atlas Mountains of Morocco, to the Rif, and to the Tell Atlas in Algeria. Despite being used for the obvious reasons, atlas cedar essential oil has a lot of good effects on the human body.
- Bark from the older trees are collected. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are employed for the same.
- The bark is then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Bark is soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from bark and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The essential oil extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form.
Smell: Woody, warm and earthly.
- Acts as a sedative.
- Calms down agitated nervous system
- Helps in rejuvenating the body
- Controls oil secretion from sebum
- Beneficial for healthy skin
- Beneficial during winters
Precautions to be kept in mind:
- Do not apply directly to the skin.
- Do not use it in excessive quantity.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
- Preganant ladies or breastfeeding mothers avoid using it.
Why Buy Atlas Cedar Essential Oil Online From Sugmy?
You can buy atlas cedar essential oil online from Sugmy, As we manufacture natural Atlas Cedar Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting essential oil which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.