Name: Angelica Root
Botanical Name: Angelica archangelica
Parts used to make essential oil: Roots
Place of origin: Popularly known by the names garden angelica, wild celery, and Norwegian angelica, this plant thrives in the temperate regions of the world like Finland, Norway, Iceland etc. This plant is widely grown for its sweet aroma and also for the gut healing properties. Known from ancient times to cure the stomach related problems, the essential oil extracted from this plant also proves to be a blessing for critical ailments like hiccough and anorexia.
- Angelica roots are collected. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are employed for the same.
- The roots are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Roots are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from roots and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The essential oil extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Soothes the irritated gut
- Has antioxidant properties.
- Very good for reducing bloating
- Can treat ailments like hiccough and anorexia.
How to Use:
- Put few drops of essential oil on a cotton lob and simply inahale it.
- Take a small quantity of the essential oil and mix it carrier oil. Then apply directly on the skin.
- You can also diffuse it in a diffuser.
Smell: fresh, peppery, woody and herbaceous.
Why Buy Angelica Root Essential Oil Online from Sugmy?
You can buy angelica root essential oil from Sugmy, As we manufacture natural Angelica Root Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting essential oil which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.