Botanical Name: Anethum graveolens
Parts used to make essential oil: Seeds
Place of origin: The essential oil is extracted from the seeds of the herb growing in the eastern parts of India. Hence, it is popularly known by the name “East Indian Dill Seed Oil”. Mainly used for its capacity to heal all gut related problems like gas formation, bloating and flatulence etc., this essential oil is also used for a myriad of other purposes. Because of the soothing aroma that it emits, the essential oil is also used in aromatherapy.
Smell: warm, earthly and woody
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Soothes the irritated gut.
- Has antioxidant properties.
- Very good for reducing bloating.
- Used in aromatherapy.
- Fresh flowers are located and then the seeds are picked. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking the nascent leaves.
- First the seeds are dried under the sun.
- Then the seeds are collected and taken into the distillery.
- Dried seeds are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from nascent leaves and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
How to Use:
- Put few drops of essential oil on a cotton lob and simply inahale it.
- Take a small quantity of the essential oil and mix it carrier oil. Then apply directly on the skin.
- You can also diffuse it in a diffuser.
Why Buy Anethi Essential Oil Online from Sugmy?
You can buy Anethi essential oil from Sugmy, As we manufacture natural Anethi Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting essential oil which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.