Botanical Name: Liquidambar styraciflua
Parts Used to make essential oil: Resin
Place of origin: Amber is actually the dried up resin of many leguminous trees growing in the different parts of the world. The amber is known for its beauty and unique nature since ancient times. It was also worn as jewellery by ancient people. The amber is somewhat the colour of liquid gold and shines under bright light. Some varities of amber also produce a pleasing fragrance. The resin has herbal soothing properties. It can be consumed in tea as well as can be applied directly to the skin. Its special properties make it a likable herbal element in the market
Preparation Method: Deg and Bhapka Method:
- Oldest trees are located then dried up resin is picked. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking the nascent leaves.
- The resin is then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Resin is soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs.
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from nascent leaves and water mixture starts to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The essential oil extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form.
Smell: Woody, spicy smell.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties, hence beneficial for rheumatoid arthritis.
- Improves the functioning of the lungs.
- Improves digestion.
- Fights bad odor.
- Beneficial for good hair growth.
How to Use:
- Put few drops of essential oil on a cotton lob and simply inahale it.
- Take a small quantity of the essential oil and mix it carrier oil. Then apply directly on the skin.
- You can also diffuse it in a diffuser.
Why buy Amber Essential Oil online from Sugmy?
You can buy amber essential oil online from Sugmy, As we manufacture natural Amber Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting essential oils which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.