Botanical Name: Pimenta officinalis
Parts used to make essential oil: Berries
Place of Origin: This plant is native to the Greater Antilles, Southern Mexico, and Central America. According to the place of origin, the popular names of this plant are jamaica pepper, myrtle pepper, pimenta, or pimento. Known for its spicy and warm aroma, the essential oil extracted from the unripe berries of these plants have exactly all the characteristic properties of the plant. Being rich in carminative properties, the grounded powder from the berries of this plant is used to provide relief from a variety of gut related ailments.
Smell: Spicy, peppery and strong.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Provides relief from gut related ailments.
- Aids digestion.
- Reduces bloating.
- Has antioxidants in high amounts.
- Berries are collected in the twilight. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are employed for the same.
- The berries collected are then taken into the distillery.
- Berries are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from berries and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The essential oil extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form
How to Use:
- Put few drops of essential oil on a cotton lob and simply inhale it.
- Take a small quantity of the essential oil and mix it with carrier oil and apply directly on the skin.
- You can also use a diffuser to diffuse it.
Why Buy Allspice Essential Oil Online from Sugmy?
You can buy allspice essential oil online from Sugmy, As we manufacture natural Allspice Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting essential oil which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.