Botanical Name: Trachyspermum ammi
Parts used to make essential oil: Seeds
Place of origin: Popularly known as ‘Bishop’s Weed’, this herbaceous plant is commonly consumed world wide either in the form of seeds or leaves. In India, it is popularly known by the name “ajwain or ajowan’. The seeds when eaten directly produce a burning sensation but are very good for digestion and gut health. The essential oil extracted from these seeds have a ton of nutritious elements.
- Seeds are picked and then collected and dried under the sun.
- This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking the nascent leaves.
- The seeds are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called chonga.
- The Deg is now heated until steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from nascent leaves and water mixture start to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed, and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The essential oil extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form.
- High in nutrient content.
- Aids Digestion
- Provides effective relief from bloating.
- Helps in new red blood cell formation
- Has antioxidant properties.
- Helpful in lowering high blood pressure
How to Use:
- Put few drops of essential oil on a cotton lob and simply inahale it.
- Take a small quantity of the essential oil and mix it carrier oil. Then apply directly on the skin.
- You can also diffuse it in a diffuser.
Smell: Strong and spicy
Why Buy Ajowan Essential Oil Online from Sugmy?
You can buy ajowan essential oil online Sugmy, As we manufacture natural Ajowan Essential oil by using 100% pure, organic, and Alcohol-free raw material. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka’ method for extracting essential oil which is proven to retain the purity of the essential oils. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best essential oils in India.