What are “Essential Oils”?
“Essential” literally means important. But when it comes to the usage of the term in context to oils, it means containing the characteristic essence of the plant from which it is derived. Essential oils are extracted from different parts of the plant like leaves, flower petals, grassy shafts, dried resin from the bark or the roots. Sometimes the inflorescence is also used to manufacture essential oil. Essential oils are volatile in nature, meaning they get easily evaporated in normal temperatures. The oils are generally immiscible with water (as is any other oil). When you smell an essential oil, you will instantly be able to recognize the characteristic smell of the plant from which it is extracted.
Brief History of Essential Oil
The concept of essential oil isn’t novel. They have been used by hermits and ascetics since ancient times. Ancient Ayurveda mentions some oils which were used to provide relief from joint pain and also useful in certain types of allergies. The record dates back to that of Ibn al-Baitar (1188–1248) in the middle eastern countries.
Some essential oils like Calamus root essential oil, Rosemary essential oil, find their mention in the Holy Bible as well in the form of anointing liquid or perfumery. Famous leader Napolean Bonaparte used a cologne that was made out of rosemary essential oil. Interesting right?
How is Essential Oil Extracted?
The extraction of essential oils needs a special mention. The extraction process plays an extremely vital role in retaining the medicinal properties of the essential oil. If the extraction process goes haywire, the essential oil would lose most of its characteristic properties. Here’s a look at one of the best methods of extraction of essential oils from 100% natural parts. The “DEG and BHAPKA” method is a traditional extraction method known for centuries as the trademark of purity.
In this method:
- Dewy flowers (or any other parts of the plant) are picked in the twilight. This is a task that requires skill, hence experienced workers are used to picking flowers.
- The flowers (or any other parts of the plant) are then collected and taken into the distillery.
- Petals (or any other parts of the plant) are soaked in water for some time and then transported into copper stools called Degs
- The next step is to seal the Degs to lock the steam from escaping.
- The Deg is connected to a copper pot via a hollow bamboo pipe called Chonga.
- The Deg is now heated till steam starts to form.
- As the still is heated, the water molecules from petal (or any other parts of the plant) and water mixture starts to evaporate and change into steam.
- After a few hours, the distillate is condensed and then the mixture is connected to the setup.
- The filtered liquid is emptied out in a copper utensil and again the same process is repeated.
- The essential oil extracted as a result of the second distillation is in the purest form.
Why Buy Natural Essential Oils Online From Sugmy?
You can buy natural essential oils online from sugmy, because We deploy only 100% pure and organic raw material to manufacture the natural essential oils. We use the traditional ‘Deg and Bhapka‘ method for extracting essential oil which helps to retain the purity of the essential oil. We guarantee purity as its best from our online store like no other. In our online store, you can choose from a variety of essential oils. We believe that our products reflect the immaculate labor and potency we put in to manufacture each bottle of specially curated essential oil. We get the raw materials directly from farmers from different regions of India and other countries. By using this raw material we provide you one of the best natural essential oils in India.
Myrrh Essential OilProduct on sale₹1,999.00 – ₹113,305.00
Lemongrass Essential OilProduct on sale₹299.00 – ₹16,944.00
Lavender Essential OilProduct on sale₹349.00 – ₹19,777.00
Gardenia Essential OilProduct on sale₹900.00 – ₹1,800.00
Geranium Essential OilProduct on sale₹499.00 – ₹28,227.00
Frankincense Essential OilProduct on sale₹399.00 – ₹22,610.00
Citronella Essential OilProduct on sale₹249.00 – ₹14,110.00
Cardamom Essential OilProduct on sale₹1,449.00 – ₹84,944.00
Basil Sweet Essential OilProduct on sale₹399.00 – ₹22,610.00